Meet Dr. Chevray
Dr. Pierre Chevray, MD, PhD
Dr. Chevray is a board certified plastic surgeon serving the greater Houston area. Dr. Chevray is dedicated to patient safety, satisfaction, and education, and has a particular interest and expertise in breast surgery.
Dr. Chevray obtained his medical degree (MD), and PhD in Molecular Biology and Genetics, from The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in 1994. He completed a General Surgery Internship and Residency and Plastic Surgery Residency at The Johns Hopkins Hospital and University of Maryland in Baltimore, Maryland. He has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery since 2001, and has been recertified in 2010.
Dr. Chevray initially worked at the world renowned M.D. Anderson Cancer Center for 8 years where he rose to the rank of associate professor of plastic surgery and specialized in breast reconstruction as part of breast cancer treatment. He performed the most breast reconstruction procedures of any surgeon at M.D. Anderson during his time there.
He currently is on staff at the Institute for Reconstructive Surgery in the Department of Surgery and Division of Plastic Surgery at Houston Methodist Hospital in Houston Texas, and Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital. He holds academic positions as an Associate Professor at the Weill Cornell Medical School in New York, and at the Methodist Institute of Academic Medicine, and as Adjunct Associate Professor of Surgery at The Baylor College of Medicine in Houston.
Honors and Awards
- Who’s Who in the World, Marquis Who’s Who, 2007-present.
- Who’s Who in Medicine and Health Care, Marquis Who’s Who, 2007-present.
- Fellowship for Invitation of Foreign Scientists, Japanese Foundation for Multidisciplinary Treatment of Cancer, Shizuoka Cancer Center, Shizouka Japan, 2007.
- Who’s Who in America, Marquis Who’s Who, 2005-present.
- Who’s Who in American Education, Marquis Who’s Who, 2005-present.
- Outstanding Nerve Presentation at the American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery, American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery, 2004.
- Best Doctors in America, 2003-present.
- Baltimore Academy of Surgery Resident Research Award, Baltimore Academy of Surgery, 2000
- The Johns Hopkins University Plastic Surgery Residents In-Service Examination Award, The Johns Hopkins University, 2000.
- Certificate of Merit, Young Investigator’s Day, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1995.
- N.I.H. Medical Scientist Training Program fellowship support for combined M.D. and Ph.D. training, National Institutes of Health, 1987-1994.
We encourage you to visit the rest of our site to learn more about Dr. Pierre Chevray, plastic surgery procedures, breast reconstruction, cosmetic surgery reconstructive, microsurgery and more. Contact us today to schedule a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Chevray or to ask us questions about cosmetic or reconstructive plastic surgery at 713-441-0714.